Unit 31 A Trip to Paris
第31单元 巴黎之旅
I had intended to take a trip to Paris since my brother went there to study.
自从我哥哥到巴黎念书后,我就一直想到那儿旅行。
During the last summer vacation, I was fortunate enough to make my dream come true.
去年暑假期间,我很幸运地实现了我的梦想。
I spent more than one month visiting several magnificent museums and famous architectural sites.
我花了一个多月的时间参观一些宏伟的博物馆和一些名建筑所在地。
What's more,I got acquainted with a Frenchman, Olivier, who shared an apartment with my brother.
而且,我还认识了一个法国人奥利维尔,他与我哥哥住同一间公寓。
Unlike what I imagined Frenchmen to be, Olivier wasn't arrogant in the least.
不像我所想象的法国人,奥利维尔一点也不自大。
On the contrary, he was so easygoing and friendly that he volunteered to be our guide.
相反地,他既随和又很友善,所以他自愿当我们的向导。
I remember one day he took us to a chic cafe and told us that the cup which he was holding was the very same that Picasso had used.
我记得有一天他带我们到一家别致的咖啡店,并告诉我们他握着的杯子就是毕加索用过的同一个杯子。
Even though we communicated in simple English, I never felt bored being with him.
虽然我们用简单的英文沟通,但是跟他在一起时我从不会觉得乏味。
It was Olivier who made my memories of Paris so vivid and unforgettable.
就是奥利维尔使我对巴黎的回忆如此地生动而难忘。