"Why must I suffer accusations every time some Stark stubs his toe?
“为什么每次史塔克家的人扭到脚趾头都来怪我?
This was Greyjoy's work, I had nothing to do with it."
这是葛雷乔伊干的,与我无关。”
"Let us hope Lady Catelyn believes that."
“我们就祈祷凯特琳夫人会这么想吧。”
Her eyes widened. "She wouldn't --"
她瞪大眼睛,“她不会——”
"-- kill Jaime? Why not?
“——杀死詹姆?怎么不会?
What would you do if Joffrey and Tommen were murdered?"
如果乔佛里和托曼被杀,你怎么做?”
"I still hold Sansa!" the queen declared.
“珊莎还在我手里!”太后宣告。
"We still hold Sansa," he corrected her, "and we had best take good care of her.
“在我们手里,”他纠正,“我们得好好看紧她。
Now where is this supper you've promised me, sweet sister?"
好啦,你答应我的晚餐在哪儿,亲爱的姐姐?”
Cersei set a tasty table, that could not be denied.
不可否认,瑟曦准备了一桌美味食物。
They started with a creamy chestnut soup, crusty hot bread, and greens dressed with apples and pine nuts.
他们从奶油栗子汤、脆皮热面包和拌苹果与松子的菜蔬沙拉开始。
Then came lamprey pie, honeyed ham, buttered carrots, white beans and bacon, and roast swan stuffed with mushrooms and oysters.
接着是鳗鱼派、蜜汁火腿、黄油胡萝卜、白豆培根,还有塞满蘑菇和牡蛎的烤天鹅。
Tyrion was exceedingly courteous;
提利昂极为恭谦,
he offered his sister the choice portions of every dish, and made certain he ate only what she did.
每道菜都把最好的部分奉给姐姐,并只等她吃过后,自己才开动。
Not that he truly thought she'd poison him, but it never hurt to be careful.
他不是真认为她会下毒,但小心一点没坏处。
The news about the Starks had soured her, he could see.
他看得出,史塔克家的消息令她心情烦乱。
"We've had no word from Bitterbridge?"
“苦桥那边还没消息?”
she asked anxiously as she speared a bit of apple on the point of her dagger and ate it with small, delicate bites.
她焦虑地问,一边用匕首叉起一块苹果,优雅地小口咬着吃。
"None."
“没有。”
"I've never trusted Littlefinger.
“我从不信任小指头。
For enough coin, he'd go over to Stannis in a heartbeat."
只要对方出价够高,他转眼间就会改换门庭。”
"Stannis Baratheon is too bloody righteous to buy men.
“史坦尼斯·拜拉席恩是个一本正经的家伙,收买之道他一窍不通,
Nor would he make a comfortable lord for the likes of Petyr.
反过来对培提尔这样的人而言,他也不是个合格的主君。
This war has made for some queer bedfellows, I agree, but those two? No."
战争造就了不少怪诞组合,但不管怎么说,让这两人睡一张床?不可能。”
As he carved some slices off the ham, she said,
他切下几片火腿,她道:
"We have Lady Tanda to thank for the pig."
“我们该感谢坦妲伯爵夫人的猪。”
"A token of her love?"
“爱的信物?”
"A bribe.
“是贿赂。
She begs leave to return to her castle.
她请求返回自己的城堡——
Your leave as well as mine.
向你我二人同时请求。
I suspect she fears you'll arrest her on the road, as you did Lord Gyles."
我想她是怕你在半路拦截,像对盖尔斯伯爵干的那样。”
"Does she plan to make off with the heir to the throne?"
“她也想带王座继承人一起逃走?”
Tyrion served his sister a cut of ham and took one for himself.
提利昂先为姐姐奉上一片火腿,再给自己一片。
"I'd sooner she remain.
“把人留住,
If she wants to feel safe, tell her to bring down her garrison from Stokeworth.
她若缺乏安全感,正好将史铎克渥斯堡的驻军都召来都城,
As many men as she has."
有多少召多少。”
"If we need men so badly, why did you send away your savages?"
“真这么缺人,你干嘛还把你的野人派走?”