手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 你的厨艺弱爆了 > 正文

美式蓝莓柠檬司康饼

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

These hard/soft muffin doughnut breakfast biscuits are a great way to kich off your day, while getting the maximum amount of sugar and carbs into your body, which can only be delivered by these cakey cookie bread bun rock croissant snack clumps.

这些或软或硬的松饼甜甜圈早餐饼干是一种很好的方式来开启新的一天,同时让你的身体获得最多的糖和碳水化合物,这只能通过这些甜饼曲奇面包牛角包才能获得。

You suck at cooking, yeah you totally suck.

你的厨艺弱爆了,完全弱爆了。

First off, we are making the American Style scone, not the traditional scottish scone, which is where scones were originally born.

首先,我们做的是美式司康饼,而不是传统的苏格兰司康饼,司康饼诞生在苏格兰。

Whoops!

哦嗬。

These are the Scottish style scones, also know as British scones.

这些是苏格兰式司康,也被称为英式司康。

The main difference is that the Scottish scone is meant to have jam and clotted cream spread on it.

主要的区别是苏格兰司康上涂了果酱和凝结成块的奶油。

Whereas the American scones has all the flavor build inside it, so you don't have to be fumbling with the pot of jam while you are trying to eat your breakfast when you're hunting wild boar.

而美式司康的味道都在饼里,所以当你在猎杀野猪时又试图吃早餐的时候,就不必笨手笨脚地摆弄果酱罐子了。

Also I have been pronouncing it wrong. It's actually "scon" not "scōnn", unless you pronounce it "scōhn", in which case it is "scōhn" not "scon".

而且我把它读错了,实际上是“司康”而不是“司空”,除非你把它读成“司空”,在这种情况下它就是“司空”而不是“司康”。

It all depends on where you come from.

这完全取决于你来自哪里。

But in the UK the "sconners" outnumber the "scōhnners" and everyone thinks everyone else is wrong.

但在英国,读“司康”的人数超过了读“司空”的人,所有人都认为其他人都错了。

Guys look, don't get involved.

伙计们,听着,别卷进来。

This is a battle that has been waged for millennia.

这是一场几千年来一直在进行的战斗。

Unless you are from there, in which case, fight on my brothers and sisters.

除非你来自那里,在这种情况下,与我的兄弟姐妹一起战斗。

So we're gonna start with the ingredients for basic baking cement.

我们从基本的烘焙面糊的成分开始。

Two cups of flour, three tablespoons of sugar, and a tablespoon of baking powder.

两杯面粉,三汤匙糖,一汤匙泡打粉。

Combine this with water and you can use it lay bricks.

把这些和水混合起来,你就可以用它来砌砖了。

In fact, let's see if we can cement those stones together.

事实上,让我们看看是否能把这些石头砌在一起。

I always thought brick laying looked really satisfying, but now that I'm doing it, I have to say I was right.

我一直认为铺砖看起来很有意思,现在我自己铺了砖,不得不说我之前的猜想是对的。

Remember we're using baking powder, which is a white powder that contains sodium acid pyrophosphate, which reacts with sodium bicarbonate once it's wet and hot.

记住,我们使用的是泡打粉,这是一种含有酸式焦磷酸钠的白色粉末,变湿变热后,它就会与碳酸氢钠发生反应。

Unlike baking soda, which is a cold refreshing drink to help you get through the baking process when your un-do is on four-hundo on a hot summery day.

与烘焙苏打不同,烘焙苏打是一种凉爽的饮料,当你在炎炎夏日,烤箱开着400度时,可以帮助你完成烘焙过程。

Fun fact: Scones were often smuggled into Ireland as crumbly potatoes because pastries are illegal there.

有趣的事实:司康经常被当作脆土豆走私到爱尔兰,因为在爱尔兰,糕点是非法的。

Gonna wangjangle the baking cement together, and then we're gonna take three quarters of a cold stick of butter and we're gonna chop that up.

把烘焙泥糊糊搅拌一下,然后拿出四分之三条的冷黄油,把它切碎。

You want little chunks of butter, not warm butter that will blend in perfectly.

需要黄油碎块,而不是能完美融化的热黄油。

Nobody knows why and nobody cares.

没有人知道为什么,也没有人关心。

So, I'm trying to spread those in.

我试试把黄油“撒”上去。

Get those coated by the flour.

把黄油包裹上面粉。

Some of them are gonna smush together and become bigger chunks and that's when you know it's time to go chunk hunting.

一些黄油会挤在一起,变成更大的黄油块,这时你就知道是时候去猎杀大黄油了。

You take your fork and just smash those chunks apart a bit.

拿个叉子,把这些黄油块砸碎一点。

Or you can do the old Peter knife-hands.

或者你可以用“菜刀手老彼得”。

Just do your best to get them smaller than a Skittle.

只要尽最大努力把它们弄得比彩虹糖小就行了。

I meant this as a joke but it actually works perfect.

我是说这是个玩笑,但实际上效果很好。

Do you see any Skittles? I don't. Okay, maybe one.

你看到彩虹糖了吗?我没有。好吧,也许有一个。

Now you wanna get it some lemon zest.

现在加点柠檬皮屑。

I would go with around a tablespoon.

我会加入一汤匙左右。

Let's call it what it is: exterior lemon skin scrapings.

它是什么就叫它什么吧:柠檬外表皮刮屑。

I'm gonna put in around one and a half cups of blueberries.

我要放大约一杯半的蓝莓。

This is a non-cautious amount of blueberries.

这是不严谨的蓝莓数量。

Gonna wangjangle these a little bit.

把它们搅拌一下。

So now we're gonna just form a little liquid volcano pocket cavity chamber impression.

现在挖一个小小的液体火山洞穴坑谷凹印。

And we'll pour in one cup of cream.

倒入一杯奶油。

If you wanna go more cakey, go with half a cup of cream and two eggs.

如果你想让口感更像蛋糕,就加半杯奶油和两个鸡蛋。

And now you wanna exercise some restraint.

现在手法要克制一点。

You just wanna barely work the dough together. Don't overwork it.

只需要稍稍搅拌一下面糊,不要搅过了。

More like glueberry scones, am I right?

更像是“胶莓”烤饼,对吗?

No, you're not right.

不,你说的不对。

It was just a joke, calm down.

这只是个玩笑,冷静点。

I am calm.

我很冷静。

Okay, well stay that way then.

好的,那就保持原样吧。

I will.

我会的。

Okay, see ya.

好的,再见。

Goodbye.

再见。

Fun fact: scones are legal currency in Scotland.

有趣的事实:司康在苏格兰是法定货币。

The current trading rate is one scone for seventeen shekels or 4 doubloons.

目前的交易价是1个司康换17个谢克尔,或4个达布隆。

So I'm gonna lightly flour my cutting board and I'm gonna get the dough on here.

我要在切菜板上薄薄地撒一层面粉,然后把面团放在这里。

If you have a few leftover crumbles, don't force them into the dough.

如果你有剩余的面粉屑,不要硬把它们揉进面团。

Collect them in the corner of your bowl and say:

把它们收集在碗里,然后说:

Look, you weren't good enough, fast enough, or sticky enough or whatever enough, and you missed your chance.

看,你不够好,不够快,不够粘,什么都不好,你错过了机会。

There's nothing you can do about it now.

现在你已经无能为力了。

There's no second chances with scones.

司康不会有第二次机会。

You'll never be a scone.

你永远都无法成为一个司康。

But at least someone told you the truth.

但至少有人告诉了你真相。

You're welcome, goodbye.

不客气,再见。

Just knead it ever so slightly with common decency.

只要有礼貌地轻轻地捏一下就行了。

Then get this into a rectangular or square-like shape.

然后把它做成长方形或正方形。

If you are wondering about how thick to go, just think: if I were to punch this, I wouldn't break my wrist.

如果你想知道有多厚,只要想一想:如果我一拳打上去,我不会折断手腕。

I'd only severely sprain it.

我只会严重扭伤手腕。

About an inch-ish.

大约一英寸厚。

I'm gonna cut this in half. Then we will go halfsies again.

把这个切成两半。然后再对半分。

Based on the strongest geometric shape: the scalene triangle.

基于最强的几何形状:不等边三角形。

And then we are going to transfer these to a parchment papered pan.

然后要把这些转移到铺了羊皮纸的平底锅上。

Don't be a hero and think you can cut these on the parchment paper.

别逞英雄,以为你可以在羊皮纸上切它们。

Believe me, I tried. Learn from my mistakes.

相信我,我试过了。要从我的错误中吸取教训。

Or you know what? Maybe you're better than me. Prove me wrong.

或者你知道吗?也许你比我强。那就证明我错了。

Whoops!

哎呀!

Give them space to express themselves, cause change is inevitable.

给他们表达自己的空间,因为改变是不可避免的。

Un-do's on fourhundo.

烤箱调到400度。

Now this is gonna go in the un-do for about twenty minutes, but we're gonna trust the browning more than the timing.

现在要在烤箱里烤大约20分钟,但我们要更注意看颜色变棕而不是看时间。

Watch with your eyes, not with your ears.

用眼睛看,不要用耳朵听烤箱的声音。

So, there you have it. American style lemon blueberry scone.

烤好了。美式柠檬蓝莓司康。

Easy to hold. All the flavors built in. This is a real American scone.

很方便拿着。所有的味道都在饼里面了。这是正宗的美式司康。

I mean, this is a real American scone.

我的意思是,这才是真正的美式司康。

This one is easily eaten while driving your pickup truck to the outlet mall to buy a monster truck.

当你开着皮卡去购物中心买一辆怪物卡车时,吃到这个非常方便。

This is a real American scone.

这是真正的美式司康。

I also tried to make an ice-cream scone, but it kinda just drooped over.

我也试着做了一个冰淇淋司康,但它有点塌下去了。

It became a scone-u-copia.

它变成了“司康妙脆角”。

You could like, hollow that out and put in a mini pumpkin and like a whole buffet.

你可以把它挖空,放进去一个迷你南瓜,或者一整顿迷你自助餐。

It'd be great for thanksgiving.

很适合感恩节。

And I tried to make a "sconenut" for the kids, but it turned into more of a "scagle".

我试着给孩子们做了个司康甜甜圈,但看起来更像司康贝果。

And I tried to make a "scuffin", cause where do you draw the line between all these pastries? Like what's what?

我还试着做了个司康松饼,毕竟区别这些糕点的界限要划在哪里呢?到底哪个是哪个?

And I made a "croisscone", for the French inside us all.

我还做了一个司康可颂,献给住在我们每个人心中的那个法国人。

Au revoir.

再见。

Put down your phone, it's time to hone your ability to make a scone.

放下你的手机,是时候练习你做司康的手艺了。

Pick up some blueberries, scrape the skin of a lemon and you're good to go.

拿一些蓝莓,刮一下柠檬皮,你就万事俱备了。

Cause you're wasting your life on the internet.

因为你在网上浪费生命。

So get into the kitchen with some oven mitts.

所以带着烤箱手套进厨房吧。

Now wangjangle that baking cement.

现在把烘焙面糊搅一搅。

It's a rewarding activity you won't regret.

这是一项你不会后悔的有益活动。

Making scones, your friends will be blown away by the awesomeness, they'll start to moan.

做司康时,你的朋友们会被它的美味所震撼,他们会开始惊叹。

They'll wonder why you didn't do it before and they'll all be impressed by the greatness you've shown.

他们会奇怪你之前为什么不露一手,他们都会被你的绝佳表现所打动。

This is the magic of scones.

这就是司康的魔力。

The magic of Scotland, the land we call home.

这就是苏格兰的魔力,我们称之为家的土地。

Unless we're not from there, in which case it's just a real faraway place we'd one day like to go.

除非我们不是从那里来的,在这种情况下,它只是一个非常遥远的地方,有一天我们会想去那里。

Scones!

司康!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
triangle ['traiæŋgl]

想一想再看

n. 三角(形)

联想记忆
hone [həun]

想一想再看

n. 细磨刀石 vt. 磨刀,磨练 vi. 渴望,抱怨

联想记忆
restraint [ri'streint]

想一想再看

n. 抑制,克制,束缚

联想记忆
collect [kə'lekt]

想一想再看

v. 收集,聚集
v. 推论

联想记忆
zest [zest]

想一想再看

n. 热情 n. 风味 n. 橘皮

联想记忆
impressed

想一想再看

adj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的

 
bowl [bəul]

想一想再看

n. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场
v.

 
inevitable [in'evitəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可避免的,必然(发生)的

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 清炒羽衣甘蓝 2022-12-09
  • 番茄干炒鸡蛋 2022-12-16
  • 热量爆炸的芝士奶酪土豆 2022-12-23
  • 简单好吃的法式吐司 2022-12-30
  • 升级版香辣花生酱浓汤 2023-01-06
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。