Unit22 A Special Friend
第22单元 一个特别的朋友
Not until I got acquainted with Fanny did I learn to be independent.
直到认识了范妮我才学会独立。
I first noticed this unique girl because of her skinny legs.
起初,我是因为她那皮包骨的瘦腿才注意到这个独特的女孩。
Even though she is crippled from pollio, she is not crippled by feelings of inferiority.
虽然她因患小儿麻痹而下肢残障,但她并没有自卑的残障心理。
In fact, she is talented and excels in many ways.
事实上,她有才华且在许多方面表现突出。
Having a handicapped body doesn't mean having an impaired personality.
身体残障并不表示人格受损。
Fanny understands that she can't help her parents on the farm, and she doesn't want to be a burden to them.
范妮知道自己无法在农场帮助父母,而她也不想成为他们的负担。
So she is determined to live an active and independent life.
所以她下定决心要过积极与独立的生活。
She is such a responsible and diligent girl that she makes me feel as if I were still a child.
她是个有责任心而又勤奋的女孩,以至令我觉得自己好像还是个小孩。
Her maturity and optimism inspire me.
她的成熟与乐观使我受到激励。
I hope her dream of traveling around the world on her own will be realized soon.
我希望她独立环游世界的梦想能够早日实现。