Can I see that?
我能看看吗
That's completely false. I...
完全是谎言,我...
I never said that. She claims you did.
我从来没说过,她说你说了
It's her word against mine, right?
这是她攻击我的话,对吗
Well, juries are very sympathetic with expecting mothers.
陪审团对待产妈妈可是非常同情的
This is extortion.
这是敲诈
We don't want this going to trial, Claire.
我们不想闹上法庭,克莱尔
You and your husband are public figures.
你和你丈夫都是公众人物
This will result in some very bad press.
报纸会把故事写得非常严重
I suggest we go back to them with a settlement offer.
我建议我们去找对方,提出和解方案
We need the arrest record. There isn't any.
我们要拿到拘留记录,但是没有
They let him go. Then we need to know who got him off.
他们放他走了,那我们就得找出是谁放他走的
If Underwood was involved,
如果安德伍德参与了这件事
we are talking abuse of powers and corruption.
我们现在讨论的就是滥用权力及腐败行为
I checked.
我去确认
There's no files, no mug shot, nothing.
没有文件,没有嫌疑档案,什么都没有
Then we need to find the cop who pulled him over,
那我们得找出当时抓他的那个警察
or somebody who saw him come into the station.
或者看见他进警察局的证人
But D.C. cops... they look after each other.
但华盛顿的警察... 他们相互包庇
We need to be careful.
我们要特别小心
Do you have any sources on the force?
你在警局方面有没有线人
Not that I would trust with something like this.
没有可以放心把这种事交给他的人
You know, Lucas started out on the crime beat.
你知道吗,卢卡斯最开始是跟犯罪新闻的
I can see if he knows anyone.
我去问问他认不认识什么人
Would he help us? I don't know.
他会帮我们么,我不知道
Maybe. Help out a competitor?
或许会,但我们是竞争对手
We... stayed in touch.
我们...还保持着联系
This town is way too incestuous.
这个城市到处都在乱伦
I know it's a lot to ask.
我知道这个要求有点过分
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the affair, Zoe.
我还一直在努力摆脱你那段感情的阴影呢,佐伊
If you could just give me a contact and maybe vouch for me...
你只要给我一个联系人,或者帮我确认就好...
Did you wait to bring this up until now
你一直拖到现在才讲
because you thought it'd be harder for me to say no?
是不是以为这样我就很难拒绝你了
What do you mean? In bed, right after we...
你什么意思,在床上,就在我们刚刚…
You don't actually think I would do something like...
你不会真的认为我会这么做吧…
It sure seems that way. This is huge, Lucas.
看起来就是,这是件大事 Lucas
I'm trying to avoid fucking up what we have...
我不想把之前的事搅和进来…
Whatever that is... and you're making it really hard for me.
不管之前发生过什么…你现在让我很难办
I don't know that I'll ever be the kind of person that makes it easy.
我不知道自己到底是不是能让你好过点的人
I'm not looking for easy. But I don't need to be reminded of him.
我不是为了好过,但我不想一直想起他
I can't erase what I did. I know you can't.
我的过去无法删除,我知道
But this is really fucking manipulative.
但这事看起来太特么有心机了
Did you mean what you said the other night?
你是想到那天晚上你说的话了吗
That you probably...
说你可能...
I don't know what to do when I hear something like that.
我一向不知道怎么处理那种话
That's why I was so quiet when you drove me to the airport.
所以你载我去机场的时候,我一直很沉默
I was angry. I just blurted it out.
我当时很生气,只是随口说的
I wish I hadn't. At least not like that.
我想收回,至少不是用那种方式说出来
I'm not trying to take advantage of you because you did.
我也不会因为你说了就因此利用你
He hasn't said a word. And you haven't brought it up?
他什么都没说,你也没提么
I just asked him if he was still considering Tusk.
我只是问他是不是还在考虑塔斯克
He said yes, but that he wanted to speak to you first. That's it.
他说是的,但他想先和你谈谈,仅此而已
I wish we knew if they'd spoken at all.
我想知道他们究竟有没有谈过
Well, he has a private line. I can't track those calls.
他有个私人专线,我查不到上面的电话
Frank. Mr. President.
弗兰克,总统先生
Tell me about St. Louis.
你了解圣路易斯吗
He's a hard man to read. I did my best to probe him,
要读懂他很难,我尽量去猜测他的想法
but I don't think I left any wiser to which way he's leaning.
但我实在很难猜出他到底倾向哪边
I must say, though, I think he is by far and away the best candidate.
但我还是得说,我认为他是目前最好的候选者
Why do you say that?
为什么呢
Doesn't it make sense for you to nominate someone you know so well?
如果提名某个您了解的人不是更容易吗
I don't know him. That's why I sent you to St. Louis.
我不了解他,所以我要让你去圣路易斯
Forgive me, Mr. President. I didn't mean it that way.
抱歉,总统先生,我不是那个意思
I meant that the world knows so well.
我是说那个人在全世界很出名
You, me, everyone knows Raymond Tusk.
您,我所有人都知道雷蒙德·塔斯克
We don't need to convince anyone of his worthiness.
我们不用多费口舌去宣传他的能力
But you said he still seems ambivalent?
但你说他还是看起来有点矛盾?
Which is why I think you should make a personal overture.
所以我才认为您应该亲自跟他谈谈
Invite him to the White House.
邀请他来白宫
Well, I don't want to appear desperate.
我不想让自己看起来很心急
I agree with Frank.
我同意
Inviting him is a very good idea.
邀请他来是个好主意
If you're serious about Tusk, you should wine and dine him.
如果您认真在考虑塔斯克,您应该邀请他共进晚餐
Make him feel very special.
让他觉得自己很特别
I'm sure we can find time in the schedule.
时间上肯定能挤出来
Let's give him a few more days. We have less than a week, sir.
我们再给他一点时间,我们只剩不到一星期了,先生
I wouldn't wait any later than Friday.
最好在周五之前
We can make Friday work, sir.
我们可以安排在周五,先生
All right. Well, let's see if he's available.
好吧,去问问他有没有空